In case you missed this news you can check out Greg Gonzalez’s (B|T) post at http://blogs.sqlsentry.com/greggonzalez/plan-explorer-pro-goes-free/
So, what does this mean for you, the readers and community members?
- All features are completely FREE
- There is one SKU now
- Registration is still not required ( I’ll give you an added hint here; if you register there are some other benefits, so why not?)
- You ready for this one – – two powerful features have been included in Plan Explorer 3.0:
- Index Analysis
- Performance Profiling
Now, for an added benefit SQL Sentry’s very own Aaron Bertrand (B|T) will be hosting a webinar on Friday, September 9th at 11:00 a.m. EDT. You can register for this webinar at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6543832890155002369
Why Plan Explorer?
I can tell you from personal experience that having Plan Explorer in your tool belt gives the data professional some added fire power on a daily basis. For a full listing of these features check out http://www.sqlsentry.com/products/plan-explorer/sql-server-query-view and see for yourself what you are missing.
My Favorite Features
One of my favorite features is the SSMS add-in; however there are several more features that might tickle your fancy such as:
- History and comments – did I just hear some cheers? As you go through tuning and optimizing these queries you can keep notes and comments along the way.
- Statistics Analysis with Histograms
- Tree Statements
- Query Columns
SQL Sentry has hit a home run with this new release. The product continues to build out nicely; the team there gets a “job well done” in my book