RedGate unleashed their newest version of SQL Prompt recently. It is no secret to those of you who know me that, where I work, we are a RedGate shop. Needless to say, even if I was not at my current employer I would still want this type of utility in my arsenal.
A lot of data professionals are always looking for ways to “save time” or “get ahead” in their day-to-day activities and this is one utility that will help provide some lift in those areas.
Why would I want to use this utility you may ask? Below are some of the highlights that this product offers that have helped me streamline some of my day-to-day activities:
- Tab History – being able to save or preview work that was done in SSMS allowing me to jump right back into where I left off is a huge benefit.
- Actions List – this new feature that allows you to select your code and provide hot keys so-to-speak if phenomenal
- SQL Formatting – enough said on this one. That’s right; I don’t have to go into detail; ever find that nasty code and you wonder who anyone can read it. Quick and easy option to format the code base you are working with.
- Auto Complete – if you’ve ever used something similar to this you’ll learn quick that this auto complete feature of joins etc. are pretty awesome. I always hear colleagues, co-workers, other community members that when this portion becomes unavailable they quickly realize how good they had it.
- Snippets – sharing snippets with other team members is huge.
I’m proud to say that I’ve worked with this utility greatly and would recommend it as a viable option to improve efficiency. Don’t take my word for it though; as with anything try it out.
Go check out the product here you won’t be disappointed.